Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Dumbest Generation? Don’t Be Dumb.

Out of every single blog this one is defiantly my favorite. The topic discussed is often also discussed in my house between my mother and I. She is always saying I am playing to many video games and they are not good for my education and so I stop playing little bit, finish my homework, and then go back to watching TV, talking to people on my computer or playing Call of Duty 6. In the article “The Dumbest Generation? Don’t Be Dumb” the writer gives many examples of how my generation does not know common sense question like who the president of the United States is. He says that this is because of too much technology and I have to say if anything technology helps spread knowledge. Take T.V. for example even if you don’t watch The news as you are flipping through the channels you will most likely see something about politics, or you might flip over the history channel see an explosion pause for a minute and learn a few facts about world war two. This may not be as efficient as learning about history in school but you do pick up facts hear and there. I believe that every generation has its “dumb people”. I’m sure that before TV came out if we went out on the street we could find people who have no idea what is going on in the world. Now days it is very hard not to know what is happening in your country due to the media. And if you look hard enough it is very easy to find someone that is completely clueless. Jay Leno had a show called the Jay Walk All-stars where he would ask them commonsense questions and they would not know a single answer. To us this is completely amazing that they didn’t know the answer but the producers just looked for people who were so out of touch with reality that they had no idea what anyone was talking about. My point is that every generation has its dumb people all you have to do is go out and interview them to make your point.

No comments: