Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chapters 4-5-6 A Long Way Gone

Chapter 4-Why didn’t they eat the bananas raw.  We eat raw bananas all the time. (Cooked bananas would be nasty. Especially with salt.) I Cant believe that they went back to the town the rebels ambushed to get money.  I would have rather stole the money than go back to where the rebels are.  Possessions aren’t as important as your life it isn’t worth it to try to save some clothes rather than your own life.  Why didn’t the little boy just drop the sack?  It is amazing that his groups of friends haven’t been split up yet.  They have gone through so many situations but they always end up together.

Chapter 5- he does a good job of describing his discomfort but it would be better if it was less vivid.  I knew they where going to get captured by the rebels soon.  It is so horrible that the rebels would kill the weak ones in front of the strong ones to get them used to the killing.  When the rebel said the next ones on you I realize how horrible the rebels really are

Chapter 6-I’m glad that one of his friends found a family member and that they had a place to stay and get food but they need their sleep just as much as they need food and water.  I don’t understand why Beah spent a whole chapter about them making farms though.  Chapter 6 was too much like Things fall Apart

3 comments:

Mander said...

Hey cole.. wow you did it the night you read it! Im kidding lol! I have never been tin this situation but I completely agree with you that I would never be able to go back to the ton where the rebels were no matter how hungry I was.

Grant Randle said...

Hey cole ya i don't know why they would eat cooked bananas either but that's just the way they like it haha. I agree with you when you talked about how posseions aren't as important as your life.

Haley said...

I agree with you, Cole. I guess i can understand why someone would want their possessions to have some part of your past life, but come on. Your life or personal items. Obviously life. But I do also think that the farming was somewhat boring, life "Things Fall Apart", but I can see why he would want to put it in the book.