Monday, October 13, 2008

Chapters 7-8-9-10 A Long Way Gone

Chapter 7- it’s a shame that they spent all that time on their farms and the rebels destroyed them all.  I knew that Beah would get separated from junior at some point in the book I just didn’t know it would be this soon.  I like how we get to see flashbacks of his life before the war. I’m glad he stayed to look for his brother.  I know I wouldn’t leave without looking for him.  He seems to do a lot of village hopping.  Nobody trusts anyone since the war has started.  The people in the river would have been a nice posy for him to travel with.

 

Chapter 8- is he in the rainforest?  I like how he sleeps in a tree that would be cool.  I think that the fruit he is eating is peaches but I don’t know for sure.  He talks a lot about his grandparents in this chapter and in other chapters.  I don’t know why he didn’t leave the forest earlier since he was so lonely.  Im glad he finally found some friends and I like the name “the seven boys”.  I didn’t know people could be so afraid of seven boys that didn’t even have any guns.

 

Chapter 9- its funny when they finally reach the ocean.  They think that there is a war going on or something like that.  I don’t understand why they run into every village they see.  If nobody likes teenage boys than why don’t they walk in very slowly and try not to freak anybody out? At first I didn’t know why they took their shoes but it makes sense.  The thing I don’t understand is why they didn’t walk in the water.  Do they think that the waves are going to kill them?  The man that finds them is very nice.  Why won’t anybody tell the boys their names? Rap Music saves them again!  (And people say it causes violence).

 

Chapter 10- I can understand that Ishmael is getting very discouraged from not knowing where he is going.  He likes the moon a lot; I think he mentions it in every chapter.  How do people come up with all of these stories of turtles cracking their shells and birds having feasts to spiders having skinny waists?  When the boy fainted I thought he was going to die but the second time I knew he was dead.  I’m glad that he has almost found his family.

1 comment:

Adimus The Conquerer said...

cole i totally agree, the whole not walking in the water thing confused me but i wouldnt blame them if they have never seen an ocean before but i dont know. Well and the part about the peaches i think that is a very smart assumption. All in all a very good blog.