Sunday, August 30, 2009

Freedom? or Survival?

In My opinion freedom is more important than survival. The first time I read the question I thought surviving was more important but as I was writing my blog I realized that freedom was much more important to me. I was going to give an example when I realized that if I were a slave I would have tried anything to escape even if it meant losing my life. I think that Surviving without freedom isn’t really surviving at all. You won’t experience love, happiness, or excitement. The only emotions that you would have are hatred and anger. Even if you think that you would rather survive than have your freedom I believe that eventually you would try something to win your freedom or escape.

What If you knew that soon you would be sentenced to life in prison without parole, what would you do would you try to escape and possibly be killed or would you just go to jail so that you stay alive? What if you where a prisoner of war, would you try to escape or would you wait to be rescued? What would you do in these two scenarios? For both of these questions I would say I would try to escape. I would hate to just sit in a little room for days on end and know that nothing would ever change. I would try to escape so that I could live out the rest of my days with the freedom I was born with.

No comments: